Sunday, March 08, 2009

Liturgy for Communion Taken from the Haggadah, Luke 22, and Psalms 113 and 116


 

Pastor: Jesus told his disciples," I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.
For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God." Jesus then pronounced a blessing over the first cup

People: Blessed are You, Lord, our God, King of the universe, who creates the fruit of the vine.

Pastor: After the second cup of wine is prepared, the youngest son would ask, "What makes this night so different from all nights?"

People: We were slaves to Pharaoh in Egypt, and the Lord, our God, took us out from there with a strong hand and with an outstretched arm. Even if all of us were wise, all of us understanding, all of us knowing the Torah, we would still be obligated to discuss the exodus from Egypt; and everyone who discusses the exodus from Egypt at length is praiseworthy.

All:
Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD, you his servants; praise the name of the LORD. Let the name of the LORD be praised, both now and forevermore. From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised. The LORD is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens.

Pastor: After taking the second cup, Jesus gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

People: May the Merciful One break the yoke of exile from our neck and may He lead us upright to our land.

Pastor: Why is Unleavened Bread Eaten?

People: This is the bread of affliction that our fathers ate in the land of Egypt. Whoever is hungry, let him come and eat.

Pastor: Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

People: I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise is always in my mouth. Ultimately, all is known; fear God and observe His commandments, for this is the whole purpose of man. My mouth will utter the praise of the L-rd; let all flesh bless His holy Name forever. And we will bless the Lord from now to eternity. Praise the Lord.

Pastor: In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

People:
Not to us, LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory because of your love and faithfulness.

All:
For you, LORD, have delivered me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the LORD in the land of the living.


 


 


 


 

No comments: